Tuesday 5 February 2013

Theme: Teletubbies

Designing a quilt for a little older boy who just discovered his first childhood heroes -  teletubbies - is pure fun. Some colours are given: red for Po, green for Dipsy, yellow for Lala, purple for Tinky-Winky and I thought blue for background and accents. I could find only one fabric with teletubbies but it was good enough.
I fussy-cut out teletubies and for each one added coresponding plain fabric and with plain blue I've put together this log cabin blocks. I had a huge help from my wee boy, he watched my every move, sorting, counting and making sure I didn't loose or mismatched any of the 109 pieces.


Teletubbies for the border, teletubbies on the back and blue binding. When I finished piecing the top and made my "sandwich" ready to be machine-quilted I discovered there are some issues when trying to work on quilt that features your child favourite characters:



He started using it too early.
So I had a great motivation to finish as quickly as possible.

Ready to play?


Almost...

Just a few adjustments..

O yeah, the fun begins!


And then some rest...



No comments:

Post a Comment