Tuesday 5 February 2013

For the baby boy

Well, this idea is simple. For a one year old boy you want something bright and colourful. Not too big - the cot size I call it - so it is easy to handle for wee hands. No particular theme because everything is  interesting for him.
And then I found the fabric with simple pictures, just right to show him and say: this is a train, this is a banana, this is an elephant... I added plains: red, yellow, green and blue and combine everything in a random mosaic of squares.


The border is yellow with multicoloured balls and the binding has all the letters of the alphabet, just in case he wants to start his education early.
And when I finished and gave it to him - he was just getting ready to sleep - he started to "read" it. Exactly how I imagined, he was pointing on every picture urging me to tell him what is it. So we read... and then he fall asleep.


And since then every night he sleeps underneath his quilt and every day his quilt is there for him to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment